Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Laughter

There is nothing like a good laugh. It does wonders for our spirits. Even better, laughter heals. All you have to do is google 'benefits of laughter' to see why it is so good for us. Norman Cousins famously used laughter as part of his healing when ill and went on to write about it in Anatomy of an Illness as Perceived by the Patient. There is even Laughter Yoga and associated Laughter Clubs.

How often does something come along that is both good for us and fun? If you experience chronic pain, or even if not, do something every day that makes you laugh. Right now I am reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling. Yes, I am laughing out loud. Another book that I found hysterical is Round Ireland with a Fridge. In fact, in my life, that book by British comedian, Tony Hawks, is hands down the funniest thing I've ever read . . . but, to be fair, I am only a third of the way through Mindy's book. And, if all else fails, I know I can always turn to YouTube and laugh myself silly.

You know what really tickles you, leaves you holding your sides, and gasping for breath. Follow that path. It's good for the mind, the body, and the spirit. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment