Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sources of Inspiration

The web for me is a source of inspiration. It can inspire me in ways related to chronic pain. It also provides enormous inspiration related to my life path. The funny thing is, the more inspired I feel, the less I notice pain. It may exist, but the amount of attention it absorbs decreases exponentially as I am absorbed by the wonder that is humanity.

There are websites that I subscribe to and those I visit from time to time. Some, such as The Hunger Site, inspire by virtue of what they are, in this case an opportunity to daily give free food, medical aid, etc., whether or not I choose to purchase something. Others, such as Kiva, inspire by virtue of what they do, in this case making microfinancing available to those who would otherwise be least likely to get it. There are those such as Daily Good that inspire by sharing amazing stories and those run by amazing individuals like Leo Babauta who may also have created other, extremely useful sites such as Zen Habits. Below, in no particular order, is a list of additional websites that have provided inspiration and have renewed my faith in what we humans can accomplish. I hope that if you decide to visit them, you too will feel refreshed and invigorated, hopeful about what life may offer.

www.karmatube.org
www.kindliving.net
www.awakin.org
www.thepeaceartist.com
www.greatergood.berkeley.edu
www.charleseisenstein.net
www.peterbregman.com
www.parabola.org
www.onbeing.org
www.urbanfarmers.com
www.thirdside.org
www.matthieuricard.org
www.theskyisthelimit.se
www.challengeday.org
www.yesmagazine.org
www.odewire.com
www.blinknow.org
www.siyli.org
www.bloodbrotherfilm.com
www.nokidhungry.org
www.helpothers.org
www.moreloveletters.com
www.thehawnfoundation.org
www.treehugger.com/natural-sciences/trees-communicate-one-another-connected-fungi-video.html
www.livingseedlibrary.net
www.myplasticfreelife.com
www.incredible-edible-todmorden.co.uk/home
www.mystrokeofinsight.com
www.jbtbrains.org
www.goodnewsnetwork.org

No comments:

Post a Comment